Rail Kit RKS-02
The RKS-02 is designed for easy installation and maintenance. The rails are adjustable to fit a variety of rack depths, and the mounting brackets are easy to attach and remove. also includes a cable management system to help keep your cables organized.
Here is a summary of the key features of the Synology Rail Kit RKS-02:
- Compatible with a wide range of Synology rackmount models
- Adjustable to fit a variety of rack depths
- Easy to install and maintain
- Includes a cable management system
If you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-use rack-mounting kit for your NAS, a great option.
How use (RKS-02)
To use the Rail Kit RKS-02, follow these steps:
- Attach the inner rails to the NAS. Align the fixing holes of the inner rail to the side of the chassis and slide backward to attach the inner rail.
- Attach the rear end of the rail kit assembly to the rack. Push the latch and insert the bracket into the rack holes. For rack cabinets with round screw holes, remove the screw knot in front of first.
- Slide the NAS onto the rails. Make sure that the locking levers on the rails engage with the NAS.
- Secure the NAS to the rack. Use the screws provided in kit to secure the NAS to the rack.
To remove the NAS from the rack, follow these steps:
- Unlock the locking levers on the rails.
- Slide the NAS off the rails.
- Disconnect the cables from the NAS.
- Lift the NAS out of the rack.
Here are some additional tips for using the Rail Kit RKS-02:
- Make sure that the rack is properly secured to the floor before installing the NAS.
- Use a level to ensure that the rack is level.
- Allow enough space around the NAS for ventilation and cable management.
- Be careful not to overtighten the screws when securing the NAS to the rack.
If you have any questions or problems using the Rail Kit RKS-02, please consult the Synology website or contact support.
Learn more about (Rail Kit)
Rail kits are used to mount servers and other IT equipment within a 19-inch server rack. They are typically made of steel or aluminum and consist of two rails that are attached to the sides of the server rack cabinet. The server or IT equipment is then attached to the rails using screws or other mounting hardware.
Rail kits offer a number of benefits, including:
- Security: Rail kits help to secure servers and other IT equipment in place, preventing them from accidentally falling out of the rack.
- Organization: Rail kits help to keep servers and other IT equipment organized and tidy within the rack.
- Ventilation: Rail kits allow for proper airflow around servers and other IT equipment, which helps to prevent overheating.
- Accessibility: Rail kits make it easy to access and maintain servers and other IT equipment within the rack.
Rail kits are available in a variety of sizes and styles to fit different types of servers and IT equipment. They are also available in different weight capacities to support different loads.
Here are some additional things to consider when choosing a rail kit:
- Compatibility: Make sure that the rail kit is compatible with your server or IT equipment.
- Weight capacity: Make sure that the rail kit has a weight capacity that is greater than the weight of your server or IT equipment.
- Depth: Make sure that the rail kit is deep enough to fit your server rack cabinet.
- Features: Some rail kits offer additional features, such as cable management systems or slide-out trays. Consider which features are important to you when choosing a rail kit.
If you are unsure which rail kit is right for you, please consult with a qualified IT professional.