DDR4 RAM D4EC-2666-8G
This memory module features a capacity of 8GB, a clock speed of 2666 MHz (PC4-21300), and a 288-pin DIMM form factor. It operates using 1.2V, features Error-Correcting Code (ECC) technology, and is unbuffered.
ECC memory is important for NAS devices because it can detect and correct errors in data transmission. This helps to ensure the integrity of your data and protect it from corruption.
The D4EC-2666-8G memory module is compatible with a wide range of NAS devices. Please consult the Compatibility List for more information.
Here are some of the key features of the Synology D4EC-2666-8G memory module:
- 8GB capacity
- 2666 MHz clock speed
- DDR4-21300 standard
- 288-pin DIMM form factor
- 1.2V operating voltage
- ECC technology
- 5-year warranty
This memory module is a good choice for users who are looking for a high-performance and reliable memory module for their NAS device.
How use (D4EC-2666-8G)
To use the D4EC-2666-8G memory module, you will need to install it in a compatible NAS device.
- Shut down your NAS device and disconnect all cables.
- Remove the side panel of the NAS device to expose the memory slots.
- Locate an empty memory slot and carefully insert the memory module.
- Secure the memory module in place with the retaining clips.
- Replace the side panel of the NAS device and reconnect all cables.
- Turn on your NAS device and boot up the operating system.
Once the NAS device has booted up, you can check the system information to verify that the new memory module has been installed correctly.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when using the D4EC-2666-8G memory module:
- It is recommended to use identical memory modules of the same capacity and frequency for optimal performance and reliability.
- If you are installing more than one memory module, make sure that they are installed in the correct order. Please consult the documentation for more information.
- If you are upgrading the memory in an existing NAS device, make sure to back up your data before proceeding.
Here are some of the ways you can use the D4EC-2666-8G memory module in your Synology NAS device:
- Run more demanding applications: With more memory, your NAS device will be able to run more demanding applications, such as virtual machines, media servers, and database servers.
- Improve performance: More memory can also improve the performance of your NAS device, especially when running multiple applications at the same time.
- Increase storage capacity: If you are using a NAS device with a memory upgrade slot, you can install an additional memory module to increase the total storage capacity of your NAS device.
Learn more about (DDR4 RAM)
RAM (Double Data Rate 4 Synchronous Dynamic Random-Access Memory) is the fourth generation of DDR SDRAM. It was released in 2014 and has since become the standard type of RAM used in consumer computers.
RAM offers a number of advantages over previous generations of RAM, including:
- Higher clock speeds: RAM can run at clock speeds of up to 4800 MHz, which is significantly faster than DDR3 RAM.
- Lower voltage: RAM operates at a voltage of 1.2V, which is lower than the 1.5V required by DDR3 RAM. This results in lower power consumption and heat generation.
- Higher density: RAM modules can be manufactured with higher densities than DDR3 RAM modules, which means that they can store more data in the same physical space.
- ECC support: RAM supports Error-Correcting Code (ECC), which can help to detect and correct errors in data transmission.
RAM is compatible with a wide range of motherboards, processors, and other computer components. However, it is important to make sure that all of your components are compatible with each other before upgrading to DDR4 RAM.
Here are some of the benefits of using DDR4 RAM:
- Improved performance: RAM is faster than previous generations of RAM, which can lead to improved performance in a variety of applications, such as gaming, video editing, and multitasking.
- Reduced power consumption: RAM operates at a lower voltage than previous generations of RAM, which can help to reduce power consumption and heat generation.
- Increased capacity: RAM modules can be manufactured with higher densities than DDR3 RAM modules, which means that they can store more data in the same physical space.
- ECC support: RAM supports ECC, which can help to detect and correct errors in data transmission. This is especially important for applications such as servers and workstations where data integrity is critical.
If you are building a new computer or upgrading an existing computer, it is a good idea to consider using RAM. It offers a number of advantages over previous generations of RAM, including improved performance, reduced power consumption, increased capacity, and ECC support.