RS2421+ 12 Bays
The Synology RackStation RS2421+ is a 12-bay 2U rackmount NAS server that delivers high performance, scalability, and reliability for small and medium-sized businesses. It is powered by an AMD Ryzen™ V1500B quad-core 2.2 GHz processor and 4GB ECC DDR4 memory, which can be expanded up to 32GB. The RS2421+ also features two redundant power supplies to ensure maximum uptime.
The RS2421+ can support up to 24 drives with the RX1217(RP) expansion unit, providing a massive amount of storage capacity. It also features a variety of expansion options, including support for 10/25GbE NICs and SSD caching.
runs on DiskStation Manager (DSM), a powerful and intuitive operating system that offers a wide range of features, including:
- File sharing and collaboration
- Data backup and protection
- Cloud integration
- Security and surveillance
The RS2421+ is the perfect NAS server for businesses that need a high-performance, scalable, and reliable solution for storing and managing their data.
Here is a summary of the key features of the RackStation RS2421+:
- AMD Ryzen™ V1500B quad-core 2.2 GHz processor
- 4GB ECC DDR4 memory, expandable up to 32GB
- 12 drive bays, expandable to 24 with the RX1217(RP) expansion unit
- Support for 10/25GbE NICs
- SSD caching
- DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system
The RackStation RS2421+ is a powerful and versatile NAS server that is perfect for a wide range of businesses. It offers high performance, scalability, reliability, and a wide range of features.
How use (RS2421+)
To use the Synology RackStation RS2421+, you will need to:
- Install the NAS server in a rack.
- Connect the NAS server to your network using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the NAS server to a power outlet.
- Turn on the NAS server.
- Install the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system.
- Create a DSM user account.
- Configure the NAS server settings, such as storage pools and volumes.
- Create shared folders and permissions.
- Start using the NAS server to store and manage your data.
Here are some specific examples of how you can use the RS2421+:
- File sharing and collaboration: Share files and folders with other users on your network. Collaborate on documents and projects in real time.
- Data backup and protection: Back up your important data to protect it from loss or corruption. Use Hyper Backup to create multiple backup copies and store them in different locations.
- Virtualization: Run virtual machines on to consolidate your servers and save resources. Use Virtual Machine Manager to create and manage your virtual machines.
- Cloud integration: Connect to cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive. This allows you to access your files from anywhere and sync them between devices.
- Security and surveillance: Use the RS2421+ to store and manage security camera footage. Use Surveillance Station to create a video surveillance system for your home or business.
These are just a few examples of how you can use the RackStation RS2421+. It is a powerful and versatile NAS server that can be used for a wide range of tasks.
For more information on how to use the RS2421+, please refer to the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) documentation.
Learn more about (12 Bays)
A 12-bay NAS server is a network attached storage (NAS) device that can accommodate up to 12 hard drives. This makes it ideal for businesses and individuals who need to store and manage large amounts of data.
The following are some of the benefits of using a 12-bay NAS server:
- High storage capacity: 12-bay NAS servers can provide up to hundreds of terabytes of storage capacity. This makes them ideal for storing large amounts of data, such as digital photos, videos, music, and documents.
- Scalability: 12-bay NAS servers can be scaled up to meet your growing storage needs. This means that you can add more hard drives as needed, without having to purchase a new NAS server.
- Reliability: 12-bay NAS servers are typically designed to be highly reliable. They often feature redundant components, such as dual power supplies and hot-swappable hard drives. This helps to ensure that your data is always available, even if a component fails.
- Performance: 12-bay NAS servers can offer high performance, thanks to their powerful processors and large amounts of memory. This makes them ideal for demanding applications, such as video streaming and database hosting.
Here are some examples of how a 12-bay NAS server can be used:
- Businesses: 12-bay NAS servers are ideal for businesses of all sizes. They can be used to store and manage a wide range of data, such as customer records, financial data, and marketing materials.
- Creative professionals: 12-bay NAS servers are also popular with creative professionals, such as photographers, videographers, and graphic designers. They can be used to store and manage large amounts of creative content.
- Home users: 12-bay NAS servers can also be used by home users who have large amounts of data to store and manage, such as digital photos, videos, and music.