12TB HAT5300-12T SATA III 3.5″ Internal Enterprise HDD
The Synology HAT5300-12T is a 12TB enterprise-grade hard disk drive designed for use in Synology NAS systems. It offers high performance, reliability, and scalability, making it ideal for demanding applications such as file sharing, video streaming, and backup.
The HAT5300-12T features a 7200 RPM rotational speed and a SATA 6 Gb/s interface for fast data transfer rates. It is also equipped with a number of technologies to improve reliability and durability, such as persistent write cache and vibration protection.
backed by a 5-year warranty from Synology, and it is compatible with all NAS systems that support 3.5-inch SATA hard drives.
Here is a summary of the key features and benefits of the HAT5300-12T:
- High performance: 7200 RPM rotational speed and SATA 6 Gb/s interface for fast data transfer rates.
- Reliability: Persistent write cache and vibration protection for improved reliability and durability.
- Scalability: Compatible with all NAS systems that support 3.5-inch SATA hard drives.
- 5-year warranty: Backed by a 5-year warranty from Synology.
The HAT5300-12T is a great choice for businesses and individuals who need a high-performance, reliable, and scalable hard drive for their NAS system.
How use (HAT5300-12T)
The HAT5300-12T is a 12TB enterprise-grade hard disk drive designed for use in NAS systems. To use it, you will need to install it in NAS system that supports 3.5-inch SATA hard drives.
Once the HAT5300-12T is installed, you can use it to store files, videos, music, and other data. NAS systems offer a variety of features for managing and protecting your data, such as file sharing, backup, and RAID support.
Here are some specific examples of how you can use the HAT5300-12T:
- Store and share files with other users on your network.
- Set up a backup solution to protect your data from loss or corruption.
- Create a media server to stream videos and music to your devices.
- Use your NAS as a surveillance system to record and store video footage from security cameras.
For more information on how to use the HAT5300-12T, please consult the NAS documentation.
Here are some additional tips for using the HAT5300-12T:
- Use the Storage Manager tool to create and manage storage volumes.
- Enable the S.M.A.R.T. monitoring feature to track the health of your hard drive.
- Schedule regular backups to protect your data.
- Keep your NAS system and firmware up to date.
By following these tips, you can ensure that provides you with years of reliable service.
Learn more about (SATA III)
SATA III (6 Gbit/s) is the third generation of the Serial ATA (SATA) standard for connecting storage devices to a computer motherboard. It was released in 2009 and offers a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 600 MB/s, which is twice as fast as SATA II (3 Gbit/s).
SATA III is backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I devices, so you can use a SATA III port to connect any SATA drive. However, if you connect a SATA II or SATA I drive to a SATA III port, it will only operate at the maximum speed of the drive.
SATA III is commonly used to connect solid-state drives (SSDs) to computers. SSDs are much faster than traditional mechanical hard disk drives (HDDs), but they can also be more expensive. SATA III is the ideal interface for connecting SSDs because it can support their high speeds.
SATA III is also used to connect HDDs to computers, but the performance gains are not as significant as with SSDs. This is because HDDs are limited by their mechanical design, not by the interface speed.
Here are some of the benefits of using SATA III:
- Faster data transfer rates: SATA III offers a theoretical maximum bandwidth of 600 MB/s, which is twice as fast as SATA II. This can lead to significant performance improvements for applications that rely heavily on disk access, such as video editing, gaming, and software development.
- Improved reliability: SATA III drives are typically more reliable than SATA II drives. This is because they use a newer encoding scheme that is less susceptible to errors.
- Increased scalability: SATA III is the standard interface for next-generation storage devices, such as NVMe SSDs. This means that by using SATA III, you can be sure that your system will be able to support the latest storage technologies.
If you are building a new computer or upgrading your existing computer, it is recommended to use SATA III drives. SATA III drives are now very affordable, and they offer a number of benefits over SATA II drives.